The Office of Management and Budget along with the Office of the National Cyber Director released a memo laying out cybersecurity investment areas that agencies will have to include as they make their budgetary decisions for the next fiscal year.
The memo comes on the heels of the National Cybersecurity Strategy, which highlights these five pillars:
- Defending critical infrastructure
- Disrupting and dismantling threat actors
- Shaping market forces to drive security and resilience
- Investing in a resilient future
- Forging international partnerships to pursue shared goals
We break down the directed investment areas within each pillar, which could manifest in agencies' upcoming budgets and modernization strategies.